Website Minnesota Historical Society
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
There will be significant travel to complete the responsibilities of this position.
SALARY: $3,651.00 monthly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, project (approximately 2088 annual hours) position through June 30, 2022.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
CLASSIFICATION: 08L Professional
HIRING MANAGER: State History Services Manager
POSTING DATE: May 21, 2021
DEADLINE DATE: June 4, 2021
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants to lead the inventory process, analysis, and policy creation for the MNHS historic marker program.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Oversee the inventory and analysis of MNHS historic markers; 2) Coordinate the repair or replacement of a discrete number of markers in order to develop a known process to continue; and 3) Create a report that describes the MNHS-installed markers.
● Bachelor’s degree plus three years experience in research, interpretation, history or equivalent.
● Knowledge of history research methodology and data gathering techniques, including ability to conduct original research in primary source collections.
● Effective communication skills, including ability to write clearly and concisely and effective oral communication with individuals and groups.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
● Knowledge and skill in verbal, written, and graphic communication sufficient to work with diverse groups of people.
● Strong computer skills including intermediate or higher skill with Microsoft Project and Trello, Microsoft Office, and with all aspects of GOOGLE suite.
● Strong organization and documentation skills.
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
● Demonstrated positive customer service skills.
● General familiarity with Minnesota history and its communities.
● Ability to navigate successfully using maps and GPS.
● Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on occasion.
● Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel throughout Minnesota.
● Experience developing organization policy.
Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.