Website Minnesota Historical Society
Historic Sites /Museum/Library/Nonprofit / Events/ Customer Serv
JOB TITLE: #1554 Event Services, Lead
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
SALARY: $19.90 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, (approximately 2,088 annual hours) project position through June 30, 2023.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Metro Sites & Operations
CLASSIFICATION: 05L Professional
HIRING MANAGER: Events & Support Services Manager
POSTING DATE: February 24, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: March 10, 2022
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to assist with the planning, organization, and execution of facility rentals and events at the Minnesota History Center.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Carry out History Center facility rentals and events; 2) Facilitate site rentals; 3) Work with MNHS staff on MNHS events/programs and hosted events on their needs; 4) Act as a point of contact for vendors; 5) Market the History Center as a rental property to various outside agencies, publications, and websites; and 6) Maintain the inventory of furniture, supplies, audio visual equipment for events.
● Two years of full-time professional experience or equivalent specialized training in event operations, program and event planning, or business administration.
● Experience providing direction for staff or volunteers.
● Demonstrated positive customer service skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences of varying cultural backgrounds, ages, and abilities in a customer service environment.
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Experience respectfully assisting customers through complaints and difficult situations.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and take individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Must be able to work nonstandard hours including evenings and weekends.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
● Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, reach, push, and pull.
● Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
● Associate degree in business administration, marketing, hospitality, or related field.
● Experience creating and maintaining Google Sites.
● Strong computer skills including intermediate or higher skill level with Microsoft Office software.
● Experience using Artifax scheduling software.
● Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team while independently carrying out institutional objectives.
● Experience with Audio-Visual equipment.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.