Website Minnesota Historical Society
#museum #information technology #state of MN
JOB TITLE: #1674 Infrastructure Support Technician
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
SALARY: $4,820 monthly minimum; commensurate with experience
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,088 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Digital Infrastructure & Business Applications
CLASSIFICATION: 03O IT Specialist
HIRING MANAGER: Network Supervisor
POSTING DATE: August 24, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to provide technical support to MNHS staff throughout the state, while also participating in network infrastructure projects.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Provide technical infrastructure assistance to staff with a responsive and high level of customer service; 2) Plan, recommend, and implement MNHS infrastructure maintenance projects; 3) Collaborate with department staff to identify and resolve network help desk requests; 4) Participate in professional development; and 5) Perform administrative responsibilities.
● Associate computer degree or technical certificates.
● Five years experience in a help desk or network administrator role or equivalent.
● Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
● Ability to be on call for after hours support nights and weekends.
● Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS IN:
● Providing positive customer service skills.
● Performing maintenance on desktop equipment and servicing computer equipment, such as personal computers, monitors, printers, scanners, modems, and other desktop peripherals.
● Troubleshooting problems and making repairs and changes as necessary in determining a solution.
● Conducting independent research to learn more and resolve issues.
● Thinking imaginatively and problem solving.
● The ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
● Communicating effectively within the IT department and across language specialties.
● Establishing and maintaining positive interpersonal contacts to effectively serve in the technical support functions for all levels of personnel.
● Knowledge necessary to support PC hardware and printers, from older models to the latest equipment. Knowledge of network operations, support staff and vendors.
● Knowledge of how to install and support various network software applications. These applications include: Google applications, Microsoft 2010 workstation operating system and latest Office Professional.
● Backup and recovery software and methodologies.
● Best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
● Network Switches and configuration. (Cisco & Unifi)
● Experience with Apple operating systems.
● Experience with Windows Desktop imaging configuration and management software (Kace or MS)
● Experience with Windows Desktop Application push configuration software (Kace, Ghost, or MS)
● Experience with Network Utilities for system maintenance.
● Network computer experience in a cultural organization such as a museum, library or education institution.
● Experience being part of or leading an Agile team.
● Effective knowledge and application of Agile team leadership competencies, including oral and written communications, influence and persuasion, results orientation, relationship management, facilitation, and team building.
● Familiarity with the project tracking tool Trello.
● Setting up and configuring server hardware.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.