Website Minnesota Historical Society
#museum # #events
JOB TITLE: #1618 Setup Assistant
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
SALARY: $15.00 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Part-time, regular (approximately 520 annual hours) position. The hours for this position are based on events being scheduled at the History Center and may vary considerably week to week. Scheduling will include evenings and weekends.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals.
DEPARTMENT: Metro Sites & Operations
CLASSIFICATION: 52L Service
HIRING MANAGER: Events and Support Services Manager
POSTING DATE: June 1, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to conduct & execute the set-up and take-down of MNHS programs & events as well as rental events at the Minnesota History Center.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Conduct and oversee the set-up/take down of event furniture and equipment at the Minnesota History Center; and 2) Maintain site equipment and building.
● Strong customer service skills.
● Strong communication skills.
● Demonstrated ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team on set up and take down needs.
● Demonstrated ability to problem solve amidst noisy and high-pressure situations.
● Demonstrated flexibly to adjust to unusual and unexpected occurrences in the working environment.
● Ability to lift and move 50 lbs.
● Ability to learn and be guided by historic site preservation concerns, rules, and needs.
● Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings, sometimes on short notice.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Experience with Audio-Visual
Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.