Website Minnesota Historical Society
JOB TITLE: #1581 Sales Assistant I, Mille Lacs Trading Post
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Mille Lacs Trading Post, 43411 Oodena Drive, Onamia MN 56359
SALARY: $15.38 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Part-time, regular (approximately 1,248 annual hours) position. Hours are scheduled based on the seasonal needs of the site.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals.
DEPARTMENT: Metro Sites & Operations
CLASSIFICATION: 55L Service
HIRING MANAGER: Store Manager I
POSTING DATE: April 7, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to provide excellent customer service in the Mille Lacs Trading Post by assisting guests with gift shop purchases, including online orders, as well as assisting with the daily maintenance, stocking, and upkeep of the store.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Perform gift shop sales transactions; 2) Receive, price and stock store merchandise as directed; 3) Maintain a welcoming store environment and provide first rate customer service; 4) Complete administrative tasks; 5) Help ensure the safety of employees, visitors, and objects; and 6) Study site related historical materials to increase knowledge of site history and interpretive programs.
● Demonstrated ability to provide consistent, high-quality customer service.
● Experience cleaning and organizing materials.
● Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
● Basic accounting and math skills.
● Ability to learn a Point of Sales (POS) system and retail software.
● Ability to work a varied and flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
● Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds; 50 pounds with a team lift.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time on the sales floor.
● Ability to bend, crouch, kneel to move merchandise and perform light cleaning duties.
● Ability and willingness to climb a ladder to reach the top of display shelves.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Experience in stocking and displaying merchandise in a retail setting.
● Ability to operate a computerized point of sale system, telephone, and two-way radio.
● Experience with Microsoft Office.
● Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
● Knowledge of area attractions, hotels, food service and other commodities.
● Knowledge of Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe and Minnesota history.
● Knowledge of Native American art and culture.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org