Website Minnesota Historical Society
#Museum #retail #SALES
JOB TITLE: #1699 Retail & Guest Experience Lead
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Mille Lacs Indian Museum and Trading Post, 43411 Oodena Drive, Onamia MN 56359
SALARY: $20.40 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 40 weekly hours; 2,088 annual hours) position. Schedules are based on museum hours of operation. Must be available to work a varied schedule, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Greater Minnesota Sites
CLASSIFICATION: 05L Professional
HIRING MANAGER: Site Manager II, Mille Lacs Indian Museum
POSTING DATE: October 19, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: November 2, 2022
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to support the daily Visitor Services operations at the Mille Lacs Indian Museum and Trading Post, including ticketing, field trips, workshops and special events, as well as retail operations.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Provide leadership for daily visitor services operations; 2) Assist with the daily retail operations; and 3) Assist with the site’s interpretive programs, workshops, seasonal demonstrations and special events.
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Two years experience in a retail, sales, or event planning environment.
● Demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences of varying cultural backgrounds, ages, and abilities in an educational or customer service environment.
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
● Experience respectfully assisting customers through complaints and difficult situations.
● Strong computer skills necessary to develop quality project and program documentation.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and take individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Basic math and accounting skills.
● Ability to work a varied and flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
● Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
● Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, reach, push, and pull.
● Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
● Familiarity with Google Suite.
● Knowledge of American Indian history, culture and art.
● Strong knowledge of Minnesota history.
● Experience with ticketing and Point of Sale (POS) software and a willingness to troubleshoot when issues arise.
Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At MNHS we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.