Website Minnesota Historical Society
#museums #historic sites #sales
JOB TITLE: #1582 Sales Assistant II, Mille Lacs Trading Post
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants
LOCATION: Mille Lacs Trading Post – 43411 Oodena Drive, Onamia MN 56359
SALARY: $16.28 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-Time, regular (approximately 1,664 annual hours) position. Hours are scheduled based on the needs of the site
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Metro Sites and Operations
CLASSIFICATION: 58L Service
HIRING MANAGER: Sales Manager I
POSTING DATE: April 7, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career
center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to serve a lead role in facilitating gift shop sales, providing high
quality customer service, and maintaining the overall museum store environment.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Assist Store Manager with all general day to day store operations.; 2)
Maintain a welcoming store environment and provide first rate customer service; 3) Assist Store
Manager with inventory management and achieving sales goals; 4) Provide lead work direction to other
staff; 5) Perform administrative tasks; and 6) Help ensure the safety of employees, visitors, and objects.
● Retail sales or admissions experience.
● Demonstrated reliability in work attendance and completion of job duties.
● Demonstrated willingness to pitch in and work collaboratively in a team environment.
● Ability to keep accurate records and reports, including accounting and math skills.
● Familiarity with technology, particularly admissions or retail software.
● Strong personal computer skills including intermediate skills with Microsoft Office and with
● Strong oral communication skills, ability to listen and be responsive to questions and comments.
● Demonstrated ability to provide consistent, high quality customer service.
● Ability to work a varied and flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
● Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds; 50 pounds with a team lift.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time on the sales floor.
● Ability to bend, crouch, kneel to move merchandise and perform light cleaning duties.
● Ability and willingness to climb a ladder to reach the top of display shelves.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Previous experience mentoring, coaching, training and providing work direction for staff or volunteers.
● Experience with Shopify and /or other retail inventory management systems.
● Knowledge of retail display and marketing techniques.
● Knowledge of Minnesota History and/or Mille Lacs Indian Museum programs and services.
● Knowledge of Native American history and culture.
● Ability to troubleshoot software, hardware and point-of-sale issues.
● Retail sales in a museum/historic site.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org