Website Minnesota Historical Society
#Events #history #museum #education
JOB TITLE: #1635 Events Assistant
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Mill City Museum, 704 South 2nd St., Mpls, MN 55401
SALARY: $18.59 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Part-time, regular (approximately 416 annual hours) position. Hours may vary according to event needs. This position requires flexibility, and the ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals.
DEPARTMENT: Metro Sites & Operations
CLASSIFICATION: 64L Service
HIRING MANAGER: Visitor Services Manager II
POSTING DATE: June 29, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: July 13, 2022
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to provide on-site support during rental events and assist with pre-event preparation in order to ensure the wellbeing of the museum and its collections as well as the safety of people and property related to rentals.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Provide on-site support of rental events at Mill City Museum; 2) Work with vendors to ensure building security and a respectful presence in the neighborhood; 3) Assist with pre-event planning.
● Demonstrated positive customer service skills.
● Good organizational and personal computer skills.
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage time effectively.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse public in a positive and friendly manner.
● Demonstrated ability to independently problem solve and respond to client or vendor concerns with patience, empathy, and grace.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and take individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Ability to de-escalate difficult interpersonal situations.
● Ability to stay calm under pressure and make appropriate judgements about involving emergency personnel.
● Availability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, evenings, and holidays, as necessary.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
● Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, reach, push, and pull.
● Ability to lift 30 pounds.
● High School Diploma or equivalent.
● One year experience in special events facilitation.
● Experience with basic audio and visual equipment.
Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.