Website Minnesota Historical Society
JOB TITLE: #1473 Store Lead
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Mill City Museum, 704 South 2nd St., Minneapolis, MN 55401
SALARY: $19.90 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,088 annual hours) position. This position’s regular work days will be Sunday-Thursday. Scheduling will include some
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Metro Sites & Operations
CLASSIFICATION: 05L Professional
HIRING MANAGER: Visitor Services Manager II
POSTING DATE: August 17, 2021
DEADLINE DATE: September 7, 2021
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to assist with the daily Visitor Services operations at Mill City Museum specifically focused on supporting the retail store and inventory with a high level of customer service.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Lead the day-to-day operations of the retail store; 2) Assist with crafting the retail strategy for the store; 3) Provide leadership for the Visitor Services operations; 4) Assist with the overall Museum administration and programs facilitation; and 5) Provide excellent customer service.
● High school diploma.
● Two years experience in a retail or sales environment.
● Demonstrated positive customer service skills
● Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse staff and public in a positive, friendly and professional manner.
● Demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences of varying cultural backgrounds, ages, and abilities in an education or customer service environment.
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Experience respectfully assisting customers through complaints and difficult situations.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and take individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Strong computer skills necessary to develop quality project and program documentation.
● Basic math skills to run sales transactions efficiently.
● Must be able to work nonstandard hours including evenings and weekends.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
● Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, reach, push, and pull.
● Experience with ticketing and POS software and a willingness to troubleshoot when issues arise.
● Experience with financial and admission reporting.
● Strong personal computer skills including intermediate or higher skill level with Microsoft Office software.
● Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team while independently carrying out institutional objectives.
● Experience promoting the mission of a non-profit organization.
● Experience creating deposits and managing cash.
● Experience with Tessitura, Google Suite, Stocky, and/or Shopify.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org