Website Minneapolis Institute of Art
Minneapolis Institute of Art
Senior Accounting Clerk, Finance Department
Full time, 37.5 hours/week, Union position
Starting Hourly Rate: $23.84 – $25.00 depending on qualifications
The Senior Accounting Clerk is responsible for cash functions including daily compilation of bank deposits, entries into the fundraising software, and accounting software including revenue for ticketing, retail, and all other sources of revenue. Also responsible for completing the check run process for vendor payments.
In this role, you will….
· Assist in deposit preparation and revenue entry into the general ledger including compiling all deposits to be sent to the bank, entering daily membership data, preparing the Accounting office deposit, and verifying and preparing other deposits for system entry from The Store at Mia, lobby registers, website, etc.
· Assist with Accounts Payable by matching invoices to support paperwork, reviewing and printing Accounts Payable checks according to the weekly schedule, preparing checks for mailing, maintaining proper documentation/files for all payments.
· Assist with monthly close process including entering daily and monthly journal entries for event chargebacks, expense accrual, The Store at Mia sales accrual, depreciation allocation, prepaid business insurance allocation and other entries as assigned.
· Sorts and distributes incoming departmental mail daily separating Annual Campaign mail from staff mail. Sorts, distributes or files A/P mail and checks.
To be successful in this role…
You enjoy data entry and take pride in your accuracy. You know your way around a spreadsheet. You can communicate effectively with others and problem-solve to resolve accounting issues.
· Two year accounting certificate or two or more years of accounting experience. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and cloud-based software.
· Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills.
The Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia) is an audience-centered, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome. Mia is Mission Driven, Generous, Agile, Emotionally Aware, and Positive, and endeavors to create a workplace culture where staff are responsible to one another, to our visitors, and to themselves to do the best work possible.
To be considered for this position, please apply online at https://jobs-artsmia.submittable.com/submit.
Posting Deadline: Open until filled.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit jobs-artsmia.submittable.com.