Website Minneapolis Institute of Art
Minneapolis Institute of Art
Accounting Manager, Finance Department
Full time, Exempt position
Starting Salary: $80,000 – $85,000 depending on qualifications
The Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for managing the daily operations of the Finance Department, managing and maintaining the general ledger, administering use of the accounting software, and supervising the general accounting staff.
In this role, you will….
· Supervise, train, and evaluate general accounting staff.
· Maintain and ensure compliance with internal control systems and accounting policies and procedures. Recommend topics for new policies as appropriate.
· Direct accounting staff in the maintenance of accounting subsystems including disbursements, receipts, and receivables.
· Complete monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
· Manage and maintain the general ledger system in a manner that ensures all internal and external reports that are generated are accurate an in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Ensure errors are corrected and information is reconciled.
· Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual journal entries.
· Assist with the administration of the accounting software.
· Assist Controller with audit and tax workpapers.
· Prepare Monthly Sales Tax Report and submission to the Commissioner of Revenue.
· Review bi-weekly payroll reports.
· Serve as backup to the Controller in managing the Accounting Team.
To be successful in this role…
You can effectively motivate and manage a team. You have a service-oriented mindset and strive to provide others with the financial information they need to succeed in their roles. You are open to new ideas and willingly use your accounting experience to resolve issues.
· BA or BS in Accounting.
· Four or more years of accounting experience.
· Proven supervisory experience.
· Advanced Excel skills including proficiency with pivot tables.
· Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work responsibly with confidential information.
· Proficiency with cloud-based software and other accounting applications. NetSuite experience a plus.
· Not for profit experience and/or CPA a plus.
The Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia) is an audience-centered, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome. Mia is Mission Driven, Generous, Agile, Emotionally Aware, and Positive, and endeavors to create a workplace culture where staff are responsible to one another, to our visitors, and to themselves to do the best work possible.
To be considered for this position, please apply online at https://jobs-artsmia.submittable.com/submit.
Posting Deadline: Open until filled.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit jobs-artsmia.submittable.com.