Website Midwest Miniatures Museum
The Director of Midwest Miniatures Museum provides leadership in the areas of policymaking, planning, organization, staffing, and operations. The Director works closely with the Board of Directors to refine, develop, and implement the programs and strategic plans for the Museum.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with the Board to develop strategic direction and establish initiatives to fulfill the mission of the Museum and increase local, state, national, and international awareness and prominence.
- Manage the Museum’s operations, to include development, education, public programming, finance, external communications, and staffing.
- Manages and leads full-time and part-time staff and volunteers.
- Lead and participate in all fundraising and development activities, including grant writing, and developing relationships with foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for the Museum and establish strong partnerships in the community.
- Enhance the Museum’s public image to help expand interest and support.
- Direct the overall development of public relations and marketing initiatives.
- Develop an effective communications plan to raise the profile of the Museum.
- Manage, secure, and maintain the property and facilities of the Museum, as well as its collections.
- Attend conferences, seminars, workshops, and other training for professional development.
- Attend monthly Board meetings as Director of the Museum.
- Understand the role of technology in information exchange and work to ensure the Museum employs current and innovative methods needed to reach multiple demographic groups.
- Prepare the annual report and other special reports as requested by the Board.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art Management, Museum Management, or other relevant field.
- Experience in museums, nonprofit organizations, or business is desirable.
- Ability to provide strong leadership, vision, and strategic direction, along with experience in developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Knowledge of standards and best practices for museums, nonprofits, or similar organizations.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with Boards, volunteers, community relations, and outreach capacities.
- Effectively manage the Museum’s operations – to supervise, as well as to work successfully with staff, volunteers, and diverse public constituencies.
- Ability to develop, manage, and grow an annual operating budget.
- Strong business management skills.
- Excellent planning, time management, and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, database, email, calendar/scheduling, and word processing software.
- Willingness to work a variable schedule, including evenings and weekends when needed.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Range: $45K to $55K.
Midwest Miniatures Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.midwestminiaturesmuseum.com.