Website Midland Center for the Arts
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Supervisor: Vice President, Marketing and Communication
Classification: Full time Exempt
Salary: $36,000-$40,000 based on experience
Last Updated: June 16, 2021
POSITION CONCEPT: This position is responsible for advancing the mission and brand of the
Center by creating, implementing and coordinating marketing plans, managing email marketing,
museum membership marketing and media buying, content creation, and other special projects as
assigned. The ideal candidate is a team player, has strong written and verbal communication skills,
has experience in the stated areas, is extremely detail-oriented and organized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• In collaboration with other team members, manage and execute sales and marketing strategy
and tactics for assigned programs to reach appropriate target audiences and revenue goals.
• Project manage and traffic marketing and advertising for events as assigned, including
crafting creative copy, working with the graphic designer to develop marketing assets,
proofreading to ensure materials are accurate, and ensuring materials are completed in a
• Coordinate media buys with vendor representatives as necessary to implement the marketing
• Track marketing budgets and assist with managing advertising expenses.
• Support media relations efforts by collecting assets to develop communication materials for
media outlets and social media.
• Provide support for event-related initiatives and events, including identifying and staffing offsite community outreach events.• Serve as a marketing liaison to various internal departments and external volunteers and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Manage and implement email marketing schedule and content, including graphic coordination,
copy, content and list pulls.
• Review data in the WordFly email management system and make appropriate
recommendations for adjustments to upcoming emails and email strategy.
• Become proficient in project management software, ASANA, organize and monitor marketing
and graphic projects in the system.
• Put together materials and attend outreach/community events to represent the Center and the
Museum in the Great Lakes Bay Region (i.e. Chamber breakfasts, college fair days, etc.) as
• Assist in assembly of event program publications.
• Be knowledgeable on all of the Center’s current programming and exhibits.
• Attend programs/events to provide input and analysis on the Center’s practices and to stay
current with what is offered in the industry.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to
perform the necessary functions of this position:
• Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Have a desire to continually learn about the arts and marketing industries.
• High proficiency with computers and programs like Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience using project management software.
• Experience with ASANA, Wordfly and/or Tessitura preferred.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access, and a desire to work with people across
many lines of difference
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree – Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations preferred.
• 2-3 years’ experience of marketing and communications preferred.
• Strong writing skills, and photography and video experience a plus.
• Performing arts, museum, live entertainment or nonprofit experience a plus.
• Available and willing to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weekends, daytime into
evening based on the events scheduled and marketing department requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org