Website McHenry County Historical Society
Job Title: Collections Assistant
Job Type: Part-time, temporary funded 10-week position. The Collections Assistant can work up to 30 hours per week.
Salary: $14 per hour.
Start Date: After July 1, 2021
The McHenry County Historical Society in Union, Illinois seeks a qualified and motivated Collections Assistant to continue a comprehensive inventory and digitization of our 3-dimensional collections storage area. The Collections Assistant will work directly under the supervision of the Exhibits Curator at the McHenry County Historical Society’s museum, 6422 Main St. Union, IL.
The Collections Assistant will perform the following duties:
Create inventory sheets of collections objects on storage shelves.
· Catalog permanent and undocumented collections objects.
· Research and supplement information in the collections database, PastPerfect.
· Handle and relocate collections objects.
· Complete basic housekeeping of collections objects.
· Object photography.
· Candidates with a background in history, library science or museum studies.
· Preference will be given to candidates who have completed course work in collections management and/or experience working or volunteering with a museum collection or archives.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
· Familiarity with collections software with a preference for PastPerfect.
· Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
· Descriptive writing skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Photography experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two professional references to email@example.com with “Collections Assistant” written in subject line no later than June 24, 2021. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org