The Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, north central Wisconsin’s only accredited art museum, located in Wausau, serves a largely rural, 15-county geographic area. Its diverse changing exhibitions and related education programs have garnered regional, national, and international recognition. The Institute of Museum and Library Services recognized the high quality of the Woodson Art Museum’s community engagement by awarding the Woodson the 2017 National Medal for Museum Service.
The Multi-Media Specialist / Graphic Designer leads the direction of the Woodson Art Museum’s visual brand identity. This position is responsible for managing and expanding the Museum’s digital assets as well as developing and overseeing the design of digital and print materials for all Museum departments, including brochures, newsletters, advertisements, posters, logos, invitations, and exhibition-specific materials, as well as website and social media platforms. While reporting to the Museum’s Director, the Multi-Media Specialist / Graphic Designer works closely with all Museum departments in addition to interfacing with technical partners.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Marketing, or a related field
· 2-3 years experience with print and digital ad and website graphic design
· Ability to organize multiple tasks, establish priorities, and work collegially
· High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Final Cut Pro, WordPress, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Teams)
· Attention to detail, efficiency, high level of initiative and creativity, and ability to meet deadlines
· General knowledge of the principles and methods of artistic and graphic design, including the ability to plan, layout, and prepare a visual product in a range of styles and media
· Ability to simultaneously design, develop, maintain, organize, and move multiple projects from concept to completion, implementing feedback from multiple sources
· Demonstrated knowledge of photography and videography, including editing
· Ability to work independently and collaborate and communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends at Museum functions as needed
*This information is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions of an employee in this position
Job Type: Full-time, exempt, annual salary range $50,000-55,000, benefits (including health, long-term disability, and retirement with employer match), paid holidays and vacation, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team at one of Wisconsin’s leading cultural institutions.
The Woodson Art Museum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply. We aim to attract and retain talented people from all backgrounds.
The position will remain open until filled; applications reviewed as received.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with a resume and work samples (PDF format with up to five work samples) to:
Subject: Multi-Media Specialist / Graphic Designer
Matt Foss, Assistant Director
Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
700 North 12th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org