Website Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
Marketing and Communication Manager
The Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, north central Wisconsin’s only accredited art museum, located in Wausau, serves a largely rural, 15-county geographic area. Its diverse changing exhibitions and related education programs have garnered regional, national, and international recognition. The Institute of Museum and Library Services recognized the high quality of the Woodson Art Museum’s community engagement by awarding the Woodson the 2017 National Medal for Museum Service.
The Marketing and Communication Manager plans and executes strategic marketing of the Woodson Art Museum, shaping its brand and public profile, both as an in-person ambassador and across various media formats. This person is responsible for promoting the Museum, its exhibitions, and programs while ensuring and extending its distinctive, attractive brand aesthetic and messaging throughout:
· The Museum’s website, print publications, weekly blog, and social media channels.
· Paid targeted advertising placements and organic, “earned media” coverage in tourism, arts & entertainment, and online and print newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and other media outlets.
In addition to managing and tending social media accounts, championing and promoting the Museum, communicating with the media, and pitching story ideas to news outlets, travel writers, bloggers, vloggers, and influencers is key. This position assists in the development of public information, including copy editing, membership correspondence, grant- and proposal-writing, and community relations. The Marketing and Communication Manager also serves as a liaison across Museum departments to assess social media needs and timelines.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, or a related field.
· Ability to organize multiple tasks, establish priorities, and work collegially.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience with managing and executing paid social media marketing campaigns.
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), WordPress, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Teams).
· Attention to detail, efficiency, high level of initiative and creativity, and ability to meet deadlines.
· Proficiency in website development and maintenance.
· Ability to simultaneously design, develop, maintain, organize, and move multiple projects. from concept to completion, implementing feedback from multiple sources.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and build community relationships, as well as ability to work independently.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends at Museum programs and events as needed.
*This information is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions of an employee in this position
Job Type: Full-time, exempt, annual salary range $50,000-55,000, benefits (including health, long-term disability, and retirement with employer match), paid holidays and vacation, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team at one of Wisconsin’s leading cultural institutions.
The Woodson Art Museum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply. We aim to attract and retain talented people from all backgrounds.
The position will remain open until filled; applications reviewed as received.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with a resume and up to five writing / marketing samples to:
Subject: Marketing and Communication Manager
Matt Foss, Director
Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
700 North 12th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org