Website Kids 'N' Stuff Children's Museum
The Executive Director of the Kids ‘N’ Stuff Children’s Museum, working closely with the Board of Directors, is a strong and dynamic leader who understands, supports, and promotes the mission of the organization. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for fundraising, staff supervision, planning, financial management, program management, marketing, and community relations of this nonprofit agency and its paid staff members and volunteers. The Executive Director will work closely with the board to develop and implement the strategic plan, establish policies, and provide leadership and support to the committees of the board and staff. The executive director will lead the board and staff through a period of strategic growth, ultimately to become a world-class children’s museum. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload with sensitivity and confidentiality. The Executive Director is not a member of the Board of Directors, but is accountable to the entire Board through the Board Chair. The Executive Director is expected to attend Board meetings, fundraising, and public relations activities.
Salaried / Exempt / Administrative and Executive Responsibilities
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Degree in museum studies preferred
● Three to five years of experience in successful fundraising for nonprofit institutions, including supervision of professional and administrative staff
● Experience working with a complex set of stakeholders
● Experience working with capital or expansion fundraising campaigns preferred
● Grant writing experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
● Salary starts at $50,000
● Annual Healthcare Stipend $2,000
● 3% retirement contributions match
● 15 vacation days per year plus 5 personal days per year
● Flexible schedule
To apply for this job please visit www.kidsnstuff.org.