Website Kalamazoo Valley Museum/ Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Are you a self-starter that enjoys making and sustaining partnerships with the community? Do you thrive on building trust, ensuring that all are included and their voices are heard? If so, then the Kalamazoo Valley Museum may have the perfect opportunity for you.
The Kalamazoo Valley Museum and College strives to build a welcoming environment to nurture long-term relationships and collaborations that will benefit all learners and guests. The (full-time) Exhibits Program Coordinator is responsible for outreach and engagement with the community to develop exhibits that are inclusive of local heritages and stories.
$39,774 – $50,125 per year. Salary will be determined based on education and relevant years of experience beyond the minimum requirements.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify and coordinate contracts for special exhibits and advancing Ambient Learning initiatives for all campuses.
- Foster community partnerships to support and grow quality programs for patron learning through a DEAI lens.
- Serve as an Ambassador of the museum and liaison with community individuals and organizations.
Leverage museum tools such as exhibit development, pop-up museum activities and networking to meet the needs and interests of patrons and the community.
- Collaborate with exhibits staff to conduct research and develop diverse programs and exhibits for public engagement.
- Design in-house exhibits including graphic design projects that are creative and includes elements that resonate with museum patrons.
- Coordinate temporary incoming exhibit loans including loan scheduling, pick up and delivery logistics.
- After hour, holiday and weekend work hours required.
- Serve as on-site contact as needed, a designated resource for staff to support museum public operations.
Appropriate education, training, experience and talents are requirements. An example of this would be a bachelors degree in an appropriate field and three years of related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in design, including graphic design tools/execution.
- Knowledge of proactive promotion and embracing of diversity in ideas, people and organizations.
- Knowledge of museum standard methodologies.
- Skill in Adobe Creative Suite products and WordPress.
- Skill in developing partnerships with community members and organizations.
- Skill in oral and written communications with strong proofing and editing ability.
- Skill in attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
40 hours within the Museum’s hours of operation.
Posting Date: 10/27/22
Closing Date: 11/13/22
Apply online for this position: https://jobs.kvcc.edu/postings/4534
To view other opportunities visit: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit jobs.kvcc.edu.