Website Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
Art that inspires, fulfills & transforms.
Kalamazoo Institute of Arts is a mission-driven, equal opportunity employer
As we prepare for our Centennial, the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts (KIA), a leading nonprofit art museum and school, will begin its Centennial celebration in 2024 with various exhibitions, events, and programs to commemorate its 100th anniversary. Since 1924, the KIA has offered art classes, exhibitions, lectures, events, activities and a permanent collection. The KIA’s mission is to cultivate the creation and appreciation of the visual arts in West Michigan. We believe the visual arts are for everyone. They inspire, fulfill, and transform.
Summary of Position: Reporting directly to the Executive Director (ED), the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison on behalf of the ED to the Board of Directors and senior management; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, arts-based environment that is mission and results driven and community oriented.
This is a full-time, temporary one-year appointment conditional upon the permanent placement of an Executive Director. The base salary ranges from $40k – $50k based on experience. During organizational peak times, this position requires the ability to work occasional weekend and evening hours. In general, the needs for coverage of non-traditional hours are known in advance. The KIA offers a compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, flexible spending account, paid time off and holidays, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, and retirement program with employer contribution.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board Members, external partners and donors
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills. Strong proofreader
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving and decision-making
- Emotional maturity. Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a constructive, relational manner. “No job too small” attitude
- Resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently
- Be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to shifting priorities throughout the day
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, strongly preferred
- Strong work tenure: 5-10 years of experience supporting an organizational leader, preferably in a non-profit organization and team setting
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Workspace
- Preferred proficiencies in Asana and Blackbaud Altru
How to Apply:
Follow the link below to be redirected to the application page.
For full consideration, submit a letter of interest and resume.
Initial review of submissions will begin February 19, 2024. Application materials received by this date will be given priority consideration. This job listing will remain open until the first interview phase is complete or until a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. NOTE: Incomplete application materials may not receive full consideration for the position.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, we are regretfully unable to respond to phone calls and emails regarding the status of applications and the recruiting process.
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.