Website Holocaust Memorial Center
The Holocaust Memorial Center (HMC) is seeking a Digital and Social Content Manager. This individual is responsible for developing a clearly defined content strategy (including digital and social) and then executing it in a manner that supports the growth of the Holocaust Memorial Center’s audience and reach.
This position is responsible for planning, evaluating, managing, and contributing to all digital and social media channels in an effort to achieve HMC objectives while ensuring a consistent marketing message and strengthening our position in the market. Key to this will be leveraging significant assets that already exist within HMC, curating content that is widely available concerning the Holocaust, and helping create new content, including management of content production resources (photography, videography, etc.).
- Lead the social media team, coordinate with marketing team, and collaborate across functions (like education, exhibitions and communications) within HMC to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan.
- Create and curate compelling content using text, photograph and video to educate people about the HMC’s mission, museum, library, programs and other activities, as well as about the Holocaust and its lessons for today.
- Design social media campaigns to attract and engage social media followers.
- Set KPIs and create content strategies to set and achieve short-term/long-term marketing goals and targets. Provide ongoing and consistent measurement and optimization of the content.
- Plan, manage, coordinate and execute all social media programs & initiatives.
- Responsible for media buys as they pertain to determined social media strategy, including, but not limited to Facebook/Instagram, Google (YouTube) and Twitter. Must have working knowledge of social media buying platforms and respective analytics dashboards (Facebook Ads Manager, Pixel creation and implementation, etc.).
- Management of HMC’s website including updates.
- Provide editorial guidance to ensure content stays consistent with HMC branding including style and tone.
- Production of a content marketing calendar and organization workflows to create regular content on social media, website, and email, according to best practices.
- Use social listening tools to monitor online conversations
- Identify and report bugs to the Web Development Team for improvements.
Subject Matter Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert in digital marketing: websites, online media, search, social, mobile, email, apps.
- Familiar with web and social analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe, Spredfast, Hootsuite, and Crimson Hexagon.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Graphic design, photo editing, video editing and WordPress experience preferred.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Adept at analyzing web/mobile, online media, and social analytics.
- Skilled at generating actionable and impactful insights and recommendations from a multitude of analytics and research observations.
- Knowledge of the Holocaust and the Jewish community preferred.
Qualifications, Training, Education:
- 5+ years of digital strategy and social media experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- On call availability for updating breaking news.
- Staff occasional event in the evening or Sunday.
The position of Digital and Social Content Manager is a full-time position, $50,000 annually, comprehensive benefit package, including health insurance, 401K and vacation.
Also provide links where requested to current social media channels you manage and relevant creative you have produced. Please note if we schedule an interview with you we will ask for a portfolio of your work and we may ask you to walk us through how you would recommend we run our Facebook and/or Instagram ads.
In your cover letter please include a statement on why you would like to work at the Holocaust Memorial Center.
To apply for this job please visit holocaustmemorialcenter.applytojob.com.