Website Holland Museum
Manage Visitor Services staff and museum gift shop offering visitors a positive experience while visiting the Museum properties.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Visitor Services Management
· Create and distribute regular schedules for visitor services staff.
· Train new Visitor Service Associates on Admissions Desk, museum policies, and procedures.
· Maintain and update Visitor Services manual to facilitate the efficient operations of the Museum and Cappon /Settlers Houses.
· Compile information on visitor statistics.
· Create, collect, and organize the yearly admission and sales spreadsheet, including data for social media, programs, outreach, education, tours, and rental.
· Reconcile daily admission and gift shop income.
· Prepare monthly and yearly reports for admission and sales.
· Run network security scans for the cash register system.
· Maintain current information on upcoming programs and events and communicate any changes to the visitor services staff.
· Work with Education Staff to maintain current signage and information for the Museum and Cappon/ Settlers Houses.
· Be courteous, understanding, and helpful to all visitors and staff.
Gift Shop Management
· Maintain and organize inventory by ordering and keeping items stocked on shelves.
· Work with vendors to create/design products unique to the Museum.
· Create and design signage for merchandise to promote customer sales.
· Unpack, price, and store merchandise when received.
· Maintain monthly inventory and perform full inventory twice a year (December & June).
· Perform opening and closing procedures for the museum.
· Observe gallery temperatures and inform maintenance of severe fluctuations.
· Greet and inform visitors about the museum, programs, exhibitions, and membership opportunities.
· Answer phone, respond to messages and direct calls to the appropriate staff.
· Promote programs, events and take reservations.
· Provide support to volunteers.
· Keep account of register sales slips (admission and gift shop) and run closing reports on the register at the end of the day.
· Maintain visitor statistics: inquiring and recording where visitors are from.
· Provide support and perform occasional office work as requested by museum administrative staff.
· Perform light household cleaning and maintenance duties.
· A minimum of two years working in the merchandising and customer service field.
· Experience managing training and managing others.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Displays integrity, solid decision-making abilities, and uses sound judgement.
· Organized and able to prioritize workload.
· Strong personal conviction and interest in social responsibility, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Must be outgoing, with exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse public and workforce.
· Creative and collaborative, with analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Work effectively as a member of a highly energized, creative team and maintain positive, effective relationships with a wide variety of people.
· A self-starter, with the ability to prioritize continually shifting tasks; reliable and able to follow tasks through to completion and meet tight deadlines.
· Good written and verbal communication, comfortable speaking with people.
· Knowledge of and commitment to museum best practices as established by the American Alliance of Museums.
· Ability to perform physical tasks (lift 30 lbs.) with physical mobility and ability to climb stairs.
· Demonstrated computer proficiency, and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Teams, Excel, Word, and email.
· Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary.
· Ability to pass a background check.
Job Title: Visitor Services Coordinator
Part-time Position Approximately 25-30 hours/week
Pay Rate: $11 to $12.50 per hour
Location: Holland Museum
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion
The Holland Museum is committed to embracing diversity, practicing equity, and ensuring accessibility and inclusion. We will continually strive to achieve a welcoming environment in all our spaces, where staff, board, and community feel reflected and valued for their unique perspectives and backgrounds.
The Holland Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, family responsibilities, national origin, or veteran status, or any other protected categories under applicable law. We encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. At the Holland Museum, you can bring your whole self to work.
Holland Museum’s Mission and Vision
Mission: Preserving our past, Imagining our future
Vision: To be a cultural leader and community collaborator inspiring the next generation of leaders, thinkers, and innovators.
Please send cover letter, application (from website, hollandmuseum.org), resume, to Sarah Grant Joriman, Museum Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit hollandmuseum.org.