Website Holland Museum
Provide general cleaning and execute light repair and maintenance of Museum properties, (Holland Museum, Armory, Cappon, and Settlers Houses).
Assist with the setup, execution and clean up for programs, and events as needed.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Ensure properties are clean and well-maintained, and offer health and safety for staff, volunteers, and visitors. The custodian serves on the Holland Museum’s facilities team and assumes other duties as necessary or requested by the Facilities Manager.
Monitor the condition and cleanliness of all properties and recommend necessary maintenance.
Perform routine cleaning of the Museum and Armory buildings on a weekly basis.
Perform routine cleaning of the Cappon and Settler’s Houses on a bi-weekly basis during the summer season and before and after events and tours throughout the year as needed.
Keep inventory of custodial supplies at all sites and inform Facilities Manager when stock runs low.
Assist with set-up, break-down and clean-up for programs and rentals.
Monitor grounds of properties, and immediately report major issues to the Facilities Manager.
Communicate efficiently with staff members, suppliers, and independent contractors re: facilities projects.
· A self-starter who takes initiative.
· Team player who facilitates the work of other staff members in serving the public.
· Must be prompt and have a desire to learn.
· Requires an understanding of basic maintenance and repair techniques.
· Experience in maintaining and cleaning commercial buildings.
· Basic computer and email skills to facilitate communication with staff and contractors.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Displays integrity, solid decision-making abilities, and uses sound judgement.
· Organized and able to prioritize workload.
· Strong personal conviction and interest in social responsibility, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Must have the ability to work with a diverse public and workforce.
· Creative and collaborative, with analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Work effectively as a member of a highly energized, creative team and maintain positive, effective relationships with a wide variety of people.
· A self-starter, with the ability to prioritize continually shifting tasks; reliable and able to follow tasks through to completion and meet tight deadlines.
· Good written and verbal communication.
· Knowledge of and commitment to museum best practices as established by the American Alliance of Museums.
· Ability to perform physical tasks (lift 30 lbs.) with physical mobility and ability to climb stairs.
· Demonstrated computer proficiency, and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Teams, Excel, Word, and email.
· Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary.
· Ability to pass a background check.
Job Title: Custodian
Part-Time Position: Approximately 13-16 hours/week
Pay Rate: $14-18
Location: Based in the Holland Museum downtown Holland, and other Museum properties.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion
The Holland Museum is committed to embracing diversity, practicing equity, and ensuring accessibility and inclusion. We will continually strive to achieve a welcoming environment in all our spaces, where staff, board, and community feel reflected and valued for their unique perspectives and backgrounds.
The Holland Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, family responsibilities, national origin, or veteran status, or any other protected categories under applicable law. We encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. At the Holland Museum, you can bring your whole self to work.
Holland Museum’s Mission and Vision
Mission: Preserving our past, Imagining our future
Vision: To be a cultural leader and community collaborator inspiring the next generation of leaders, thinkers, and innovators.
Please send cover letter, application (from website, hollandmuseum.org), to David Hawley-Lowry firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit hollandmuseum.org.