Website Grand Rapids Public Museum
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt $13.50
Hours: Part-time 29.0 hrs/wk – some evenings and one day every week-end
Exhibit Technicians ensure operation, cleaning, and routine maintenance occurs for all exhibits within the Grand Rapids Public Museum. In addition Technicians support staff with exhibit installation. Tasks are assigned and work is performed under the supervision of the Exhibits Manager or their designee.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
● Operate, clean, and maintain exhibits and their contents to ensure a safe and enjoyable Museum visitor experience
● Routinely inspect, identify, document, and resolve audio, visual, and mechanical problems as they arise within Museum exhibits, workshops, and public areas
● Assist in exhibit installation including painting, finishing, carpentry, and reconditioning exhibit elements
● Perform tasks and use tools and equipment with careful consideration of all appropriate safety precautions for staff, visitors and self
● Work independently and within teams to improve the Museum with a friendly and positive attitude
● Assist other Exhibit Department staff with on and off-site duties
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
● High School Diploma
● Proficiency with e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet software
● Experience using hand tools and power tools
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Valid Michigan Driver’s License required
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
● Post-secondary training, certificate or degree in a related field
● Ability to read and work from architectural or CAD drawings
● Demonstrated ability in one or more of the following areas: carpentry, finishing, mechanical and electrical systems, audio/visual repair, painting
● Ability to operate a forklift and scissor lift
Bending, climbing, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds or more. Perform heavy manual labor. Work from ladders at a height of 12 feet or mechanical lifts at a height of 45 feet.
Professional, creative setting with friendly public interaction.
To apply for this job please visit grpm.org.