Website Grand Rapids Public Museum
Donor Relations Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Hours: Includes some week-ends, evenings and holidays
Salary: $54,000 a year
SUMMARY: The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for building the pipeline and base of individual supporters and for managing relationships with individual major donors ($1,000-$10,000 level). This position will be an ambassador in the community for the exciting exhibits and programs of the GRPM. This person will be a strong communicator and able to easily interact with a variety of constituent groups in a variety of settings, always focusing on the impact of the GRPM. The Donor Relations Manager reports to the VP of Corporate & Foundation Giving.
The Grand Rapids Public Museum (GRPM) is a place of never ending learning and discovery, with programs and exhibits focusing on history, science and culture. The employee culture of the GRPM is one of teamwork, excitement and learning. As an integral part of the West Michigan community, the Museum is open daily to visitors, and also hosts after-hours public events and programs, as well as private events and weddings. The entire GRPM team works to create positive visitor experiences through engaging exhibits and programs, and a safe, clean, welcoming space.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include, but is not limited to the following:
- Make direct solicitations to support the Museum programs, exhibits, events, educational programs and annual fund.
- Develop a caseload of active individual prospects; carry out management strategies to solicit prospects.
- Secure major gifts at the $1,000 to $10,000 level
- Manage donor cultivation events including VIP exhibit openings and tours
- Assist in the long-range planning for the individual giving group
- Create, implement, and adjust to new initiatives for increased individual giving from members, participants, and other museum stakeholders.
- Build the pipeline of individual donors by focusing on individual donor acquisition and cultivation of prospective major donors.
- Recruit and manage Donor Development Committee in an effort to steward and solicit major donors.
- Oversee the Museum’s Table Hosted event: secure table hosts and sponsors to exceed development goals.
EXPERIENCE: 2 years of experience in the development field or in a related position
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Professional presentation with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, and an energetic and engaging personality, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google suite, Social Media, and database management.
- Ability to handle donor interest and personal information with tact, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to set and meet realistic goals, establish work priorities, organize people and materials to reach goals, handle pressure well, and evaluate and report results.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Frequent telephone and computer use. Sitting for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION: Minimum of bachelor’s degree required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional business setting.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com