Website Figge Art museum
Bi-State Art Museum on the Banks of the Mississippi River
Position Description: Graphic Design and Social Media Specialist
Job Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Communications & Marketing
Work Schedule: M-F, some evenings and weekends
Annual Salary: $40,000-55,000
Unleash your creativity at Figge Art Museum! We are excited to invite a passionate and dynamic Graphic Design and Social Media Specialist to become a key player on our vibrant team. If you are inspired by art, thrive on innovation, and want to engage the community in meaningful ways, this opportunity is for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be the creative engine behind our print and digital designs as well as our social media content. Working alongside the Director of Communications & Marketing, you’ll bring art to life through various media formats—supporting multiple departments and helping the museum make a lasting impression.
WHAT MAKES THIS ROLE SPECIAL
- Diverse range of creative projects
- Deadline-oriented, yet highly creative environment
- Collaborative teamwork with internal departments and external vendors
- Impactful role in representing and promoting art
- Experience: 2-3 years in print and digital graphic design, including social media graphics, and business-focused social media management.
- Skill Set: Strong graphic design, print media, digital media, and social media marketing skills.
- Project Management: Stellar organizational skills, ideally in a marketing or communications setting.
- Communication: Exceptional writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Technical Proficiency: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office, Canva, and social media platforms.
- Trends & Strategy: Familiarity with current trends in digital marketing and social media, along with an aptitude for strategic thinking.
- Creative Extras: Basic experience in photography and video production/editing is a plus.
- Personal Traits: High attention to detail, initiative, creativity, and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Favorable Background Check
- Content Creation: Design eye-catching and community-focused branded communications and marketing materials.
- Design Work:
o Exhibition materials (logos, gallery materials, banners, guides)
o Print media (newsletters, annual reports, advertising, posters)
o Digital media (advertising, email marketing, website content, social media)
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate with internal teams to deliver designs that align with strategic goals.
- Social Media Management: Create, schedule, and publish engaging content across all platforms.
- Video Content: Design and execute creative video campaigns to captivate our audience.
- Trend Monitoring: Stay updated on the latest design and social media trends.
- Performance Analysis: Continuously measure and optimize graphics and social media impact.
- Vendor Liaison: Act as the primary contact for external marketing and communications vendors.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
You will work closely with the Director of Communications & Marketing on holistic digital strategies. This includes digital marketing initiatives, email and e-newsletter campaigns, social media strategy across platforms, and website content updates. You will also be responsible for the museum’s social media, print marketing, and digital marketing efforts, participate in museum events, and take on other duties as needed.
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, we’d love to see how you can make it your own. Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a digital portfolio or link to an online portfolio to email@example.com. Please indicate “Graphic Designer and Social Media Specialist” in the subject line. We encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. The application deadline is Friday, September 22, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. All applications will be kept confidential.
We look forward to bringing your artistry to our community!
The Figge Art Museum brings art and people together and enriches our community with the experience of art through education, collections, exhibitions, and preservation. Located on the Mississippi River in Downtown Davenport, the Figge is the premier art exhibition and education facility between Chicago and Des Moines. Its 110,000 square foot landmark glass building, designed by British architect David Chipperfield, is home to one of the Midwest’s finest art collections and combines collection and exhibition galleries, education studios, an auditorium, a café, and a bustling lobby. The Figge has a professional staff of 30 and presents over 20 rotating exhibitions of historical and contemporary art each year as well as art classes, educational programs, special events, and outreach sessions that inspire and attract regional, national, and international audiences of all ages.
The Figge offers a competitive package of salary, benefits, and paid holidays and vacation, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team at one of the leading cultural institutions in the Quad Cities.
The Figge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply. We aim to attract and retain talented people from all backgrounds. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable, accessible, and safe environment and value varied ideas, perspectives, insights, skills, and experiences within our workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org