Website Figge Art Museum
Figge Membership and Database Coordinator
Department: Development and Marketing
Job Status: Full Time
Salary: $32,000-$37,000 , depending on experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
Work Schedule: M-F, occasional evenings, and weekends
Do you enjoy working with the public? Are you passionate about bringing art and people together in your community? Do you enjoy being creative and having variety in your day? Would you love to work in the coolest building in the Quad Cities AND have free covered parking?
As the Figge Membership and Database coordinator you would be an integral part of our Marketing and Development team, using your passion for art and customer service to create extraordinary museum experiences through promotions and events that would help identify, cultivate, and grow the Figge’s membership base as well as help identify annual fund prospects and donors.
As a strong communicator, you will be a primary coordinator of all member and donor communications and be one of the awesome front-line facing staff at member and fundraising events. You will be essential in providing and promoting stewardship and community engagement.
Employing your keen relationship building skills, attention to detail, and with the assistance of the Figge member and donor database that you manage, you will gain insight to track members and community interests to help identify innovative ideas to recruit and retain members that supports the strategic objectives related to diversity, equity, access, and inclusion.
If you desire to use your talents to be an ambassador for the Figge as the Membership and Database coordinator and are available to work occasional nights and weekends, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more information on the position.
The Membership and Database Coordinator is an integral part of the Development Department and is responsible for the museum’s membership program and events. Focusing on providing exceptional museum experiences and creating initiatives that align with the strategic plan to promote member recruitment and retention, recognition levels and benefit structure, maintaining the member and donor database and supporting the museum’s annual fund campaign. This position is responsible for the membership and donor database and research database, which tracks and screens potential annual fund and major gift donors to assist in elevating in the donor pyramid.
· In partnership with the Director of Development, create annual plan for the membership program and activities, including annual and monthly income goals and expense budgets.
· Research trends in membership categories, benefits, premiums, programs,
promotions and collateral. Develop recommendations for revised and refreshed membership program to meet or exceed goal expectations and budgeted revenue.
· Track membership trends and member feedback. Share factual data with department leads to assist in identifying innovative and new ways to increase engagement.
· As a Figge Ambassador, represent the Figge at member and development events to ensure positive engagements.
· Assist with the development of strategies to retain and broaden the museum’s membership and donor database to increase overall museum participation and support for the Annual Fund
· Assist with planning and implementing annual membership and annual fundraising programs including managing relationships with existing and new members, a pro-active personal solicitation program, administering a calling program and incorporating electronic requests for gifts
· Create, send, and track membership renewal notices and gift acknowledgement letters
· Support stewardship initiatives to members and donors
· Assist in coordinating, planning, and production of membership marketing, events, and trips including the Figge membership blog and monthly eblasts
· Coordinates and communicates with all departments and stakeholder’s membership initiatives
· Coordinates the volunteer work of the Friends of the Figge and Membership committee.
· Manages Figge member and donor database as well as database research tools
· Provides analytics, financial and donor reports, and performance metrics as needed
· Other Duties as assigned
Qualifications: B.A. in communications, business, marketing, English, or related field. Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced and professional environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; basic technology knowledge. Ability to communicate deadlines to other staff and to work collaboratively to ensure that publications and events are produced on schedule. Ability to work with staff, volunteers, and trustees in a professional and polite manner, and with discretion and confidentiality. Above all else willingness to learn new procedures and grow with the institution.
Requires working indoors in office environment. The position requires a considerable amount of time communicating by phone, email and in person. The job requires some time working outside the museum. The person will be responsible for keeping within budget and managing the results of other workers. The work requires considerable degree of accuracy and exactness in performing the job. The job requires considerable time sitting or standing, often for 2 -3 hours at a time. The job requires some climbing stairs and reaching. Some travel will be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com