Website Ephraim Historical Foundation
Job Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator is tasked to coordinate the volunteers and docents and accurately keep the EHF membership records. This position will engage and recruit new volunteers, tour guides, docents and work to further develop the EHF membership program. During the season (May – October), coordinates and manages the front desk and museum operations. The Gift Officer is charged with developing and implementing strategies for growing membership. The gift officer will coordinate member outreach activities and events, including annual and direct mail appeals, assist with exhibit and building openings. This position will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of donor and member information in the database.
· Full-time position. Hours, including night and weekends, are as needed during the season (May – October) and Monday through Friday off-season (November – April).
· Salaried position – compensation and benefits determined by EHF Personnel Committee and approved by EHF Board
· Reports to the Executive Director
· Record donations/tributes/memorials to the Ephraim Historical Foundation into PastPerfect and create acknowledgement letters for ED to sign.
· Record donations/tributes/memorials to the Ephraim Foundation Heritage Fund Foundation (including pledge payments) into PastPerfect and create acknowledgement letters for ED to sign.
· Point person for all membership questions.
· Fosters relationships with local businesses
· Update and maintain EHF internal operations calendar.
Museum and Daily Operations:
· Oversee front desk and museum operations (including tour guides and docents), in particular during the season (May – October)
· Insures that guides, docents and volunteers are given training materials
· Answering the phone and questions from visitors, members, staff, etc.
· Handling museum operation needs, such as ensuring museums are stocked with supplies (cleaning, EHF materials, etc.), setting up cash boxes, daily cash forms, and EHF Museum Binders, etc. at the beginning of the year
· Anticipate and manage the daily needs of the office and museums, such as addressing museum/docent needs, getting the mail, keeping the front office tidy, accepting packages, placing office and store orders as needed, emergency and regulatory posting, etc.
· Maintaining the EHF internal calendar to ensure daily operations and schedules are communicated clearly to staff, members, volunteers, docents, and the public.
· Coordinating with volunteer organizers for Docent/Store Volunteer/Tour Guide Scheduling and find replacement guides/docents as needed
· Insuring that the conference room and all other public areas are presentable.
· Oversee Visitors’ Engagement, such as conducting surveys of visitors’ experience to inform how the EHF engages with and provides quality experiences with visitors.
o Communicating with bus tour organizations to promote EHF museums and tours
o Coordinate with Volunteer Tour Guides for scheduling and tours.
o Manage Season Docent Staff and Volunteer Guides (and send out weekly updates to both)
· Coordinate Membership Records with Membership Chair
o PastPerfect Membership Records and mailing lists
o Coordinating the production of membership mailings
o Monthly membership reports to Membership Chair
· Oversee giving societies (Eagle Society Reception and Legacy Circle gift) with Executive Director, EHF President, and Membership Chair
· Place orders for bricks
· Reviews and revises membership information in PastPerfect to ensure records, contact information, and mailing lists are up to date.
· Assembles annual mailing of newsletters, member books and other paper communications.
· Reviews and revises reports, forms, receipts, and letter templates are up to date and accessible.
· Generate mailing lists and coordinate mailings as needed
· Outreach with Membership Committee (Door-to-Door welcome packs for new residents and outreach with businesses)
· Maintain and monitor Constant Contact email list to ensure accuracy
· Send Memorial and Birthday notices
· Review EHF membership program and develop initiatives to increase EHF membership and business membership.
Assist, as needed, in the annual Summer Social Benefit
Assist, as needed, in Programs and Events
Assist, as needed, in staffing museums
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com