Website Dubuque Museum of Art
The Dubuque Museum of Art (DuMA) invites applications for the position of Collection Assistant. The Collection Assistant is a temporary, part-time position through August 2022. Reporting to the Curator and Registrar, this position supports the operations of DuMA to digitize and make accessible over 2600 works of art through the implementation of a new collection management system. DuMA has been collecting and preserving artwork for over a century. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to play a key role in this new chapter of caring for the Museum’s historic collection.
$15 per hour, 22 hours per week.
· Photograph objects, edit and upload images to the new database.
· Work in collaboration with project consultants to create and implement workflows for the capture and storage of digital assets and provide quality control.
· Input new data, update and correct existing data, and ensure integrity and consistency of all data – both pre and post conversion.
· Coordinate testing, training, and launch of online portal.
· Assist Curator and Registrar with other related duties as needed.
· Demonstrated proficiency in digital photography and photo editing.
· Exceptionally detail-oriented, meticulously organized, and committed to a high standard of work and object care.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or interaction with other staff and to work efficiently to meet project goals and deadlines.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, climb a ladder, and maneuver dexterously through limited access spaces. Must have visual acuity to closely examine objects.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
· On-site attendance will be required to perform a majority of the duties of this position.
· Database and file management experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org