Website Dubuque Museum of Art
The Dubuque Museum of Art (DuMA) seeks a talented fundraising professional to join our staff during an exciting period of momentum and growth in our programs, community engagement, and operations.
ABOUT THE DUBUQUE MUSEUM OF ART
The mission of the Dubuque Museum of Art (DuMA) is to create engaging art experiences that excite, inspire, and connect our community.
Established in 1874, the DuMA is among Iowa’s oldest cultural organizations. Since opening an award-winning, remodeled facility in downtown Dubuque in 1999, the DuMA has expanded its permanent collections to include over 2,600 objects, including internationally-recognized works by Grant Wood and Edward S. Curtis. In addition, the DuMA regularly hosts and presents juried, curated, and traveling exhibitions, featuring locally, regionally, and nationally-recognized artists, and offers a diverse array of youth and adult art education programs, outreach activities, and special events.
Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums since 2004, the DuMA is a Smithsonian Affiliate and a member of the Midwest and Iowa Museums Associations.
To learn more about our history, mission, vision and values, visit. https://dbqart.org/about.
The Manager of Annual Giving is responsible for the planning and execution of a comprehensive annual giving program. This position will focus on strategically building and maintaining a robust pipeline of annual programs with the goal of retaining and expanding philanthropic support. The Manager of Annual Giving will oversee all annual giving appeals, including membership, and will be responsible for developing and implementing tactical communication plans. This position will work in conjunction with the Director of Advancement to optimize philanthropic support for the Dubuque Museum of Art.
Working closely with the Director of Advancement, volunteers and appropriate committees, the Manager of Annual Giving will:
- Develop a strategic and consistent communication plan that increases annual giving. Includes direct mail, email and social, and phone calls
- Develop processes to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual members and donors to increase giving
- Develop gift solicitation and fulfillment materials, including annual appeals, membership solicitation and renewals, and gift acknowledgment letters
- Lead in the production of the museum’s annual Gala
- Write content for all materials included in the communications plan. Produce member newsletter 3X per year
- Collaborate with the Director of Advancement to establish benchmarks and regular reporting processes to measure results of all annual giving activities
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, members and donors
- Assist in managing the donor database (Salesforce) to include tracking member/donor engagement activity and running reports
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of experience successfully increasing annual giving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively
- Working knowledge of volunteer management, fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze data related to donor giving
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship abilities
- Tactfulness and discretion with confidential and privileged information
- Strategic and goal-oriented, with attention to detail and execution
- Proficiency in Salesforce or comparable donor database
- A strong sense of personal accountability and responsibility for his/her actions and performance
- Working knowledge of and adherence to the Association of Fundraising Professionals
Code of Ethics
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and means of personal transportation
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including a high degree of familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The DuMA offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, paid vacation, and generous flextime policy. The starting salary for this position is commensurate with experience; however, an expected salary would be in the range of $35,000-$45,000 annually.
Reports to: Director of Advancement
All offers of employment are conditioned upon a background check and 90-day probationary employment period.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, current CV/résumé, and a minimum of three professional references to email@example.com. No calls please.
(Note: References will only be contacted at the finalist stage and with the candidate’s prior consent.)
The Dubuque Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law
To apply for this job please visit dbqart.org..