Website City of Las Cruces
Las Cruces Museum Systems
Salary: $60,880.56 – $87,160.94 Annually
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Job Type: Full-time Regular
Department: Quality of Life
Job Number: D037 03-23 SS
Closing: 4/3/2023 12:00 AM Mountain
Duties and Responsibilities
· Plans, manages and coordinates the daily operations of a City Museum; plans and directs museum programs, activities and special events to serve the community; prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; assures facility and activities are safe, attractive, engaging, educational and in compliance with all laws, policies, regulations and goals.
· Supervises trains and evaluates staff; plans, prioritizes and assigns tasks; monitors work and evaluates staff performance; assures that staff maintains safe and aesthetically pleasing facilities, respond effectively to visitors, and adhere to policies and procedures for efficient and safe operations.
· Analyzes operations and recommends solutions; monitors budgets, expenditures and grants; researches, develops and evaluates new exhibits and programs; develops and manages outreach, publicity and marketing strategies; oversees facilities management and procurement activities in accordance with City policies; prepares monthly and quarterly reports that capture financial and operational information.
· Researches and develops grant funding opportunities for cultural programs, activities and special events; coordinates work with other municipal departments and community organizations
· Evaluates existing programs for effectiveness, and recommends new programs or program changes; tracks services provided, monitors results, and generates operational reports as needed.
· Manages and monitors financial activities of assigned budgets to ensure compliance and meet performance targets and goals; oversees procurement activities for supplies, services, equipment, and other items to assure activities comply with established policies and processes.
· Reviews, maintains, and updates records in various formats, mediums, and automated systems to ensure data integrity and adherence to internal controls, practices, and policies; evaluates programs, services, and activities to ensure customer and staff needs are met; demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless services.
· Responds to and resolves various complaints, issues, inquiries, and problems as authorized and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in humanities, liberal arts, art history, museum studies or related field AND four years public museum program management experience, including some supervisory experience. A combination of education, experience, and training may be applied in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy. Master’s degree is desirable.
Valid driver’s license is required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: Principles and practices of museum management; laws, ordinances, policies, rules and regulations governing the conduct and safety of museums, programs and facilities; methods, practices and procedures for collection care, and management of exhibits and educational programs; purpose, use and benefits of museums & cultural program activities; legal liabilities and responsibilities for museums & cultural program services; principles and practices of effective employee supervision; business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications; City policies and procedures.
Ability to: Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands; communicate effectively in verbal and written forms; establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and representatives from other local, state and Federal agencies.
Skills in: Assuming management responsibilities and making appropriate decisions, while assuring compliance with department goals and objectives; developing recommendations for improvements of museum programs and facilities; grant management, research and application process; interpreting and applying City policies and procedures; effectively managing operations and delegating tasks and authority
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.