The Development Director is responsible for securing and increasing the financial support goals of the African American Museum of Iowa. This full-time position reports to the Museum’s Executive Director. The position is in-person (with remote options), and includes travel (20%), and some weekends and evenings, as needed. The position’s annual salary range is $50-60K (plus benefits) and based on experience.
A bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, social sciences, business, financial management or related field is required. The right candidate should have three to five years of experience in a museum, nonprofit, or business development role and be proficient with donor and organization solicitation. Excellent computer skills, including MS Office applications and CRMs is a must. Must be driven, self-motivated, and possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well maintaining flexibility, persistence and attentiveness.
• With the Museum’s leadership team, create and achieve fundraising goals for operations, program, exhibits and capital campaign
• Manage existing and newly sourced grants (unrestricted and restricted)
• Develop a grants calendar to ensure all grant award compliance and stipulations are met
• Research, write, prepare, and submit clear, persuasive proposals and reports
• Cultivate relationships with all Museum stakeholders
• Maintain relationships with existing donors while researching and developing new potential donors
• Develop and collaborate with a peer and industry network to identify and build relationships with new donors
• Manage Museum’s large annual fundraising events
• Collaborate with the Museum’s Communications Coordinator to develop a digital fundraising strategy
• Provide the Museum’s board of directors with regular progress reports
• Manage the implementation of development software
• Collaborate with staff responsible for data entry and gift acknowledgement processing
• Create a positive, respectful reputation for the organization
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. This position is open until filled. For more information about the Museum, visit our website at blackiowa.org. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org only.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com