Website African American Museum of Iowa
The Operations Coordinator provides financial, administrative, and clerical support to the AAMI. This part-time position (approximately 12 hours/week) reports to the Director of Operations. Hours may be scheduled Tuesday through Friday between 9:30am and 4:30pm. A schedule that includes working every Friday from 9:30am to 4pm is strongly preferred. This position pays $11-13/hour.
The Operations Coordinator helps ensure the organization runs smoothly by assisting in financial and facilities management, ensuring the generosity of our donors and members is recognized, and helping all patrons have a meaningful experience at the Museum.
Two-year college degree and/or experience in office management, finance/bookkeeping, and customer service preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Database and/or QuickBooks experience preferred. The ideal candidate should be self-directed, possess excellent organizational habits, be outgoing, and dependable. The candidate should be attentive to detail, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and demonstrate an interest in the AAMI’s mission.
- Finance and Administration
- Accurately process accounts payable transactions including entering invoices and generating checks via QuickBooks.
- Maintain complete and accurate accounts payable and accounts receivable files.
- Track received payments in the check log and PastPerfect database.
- Generate membership and donation acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
- Assist in creating and maintaining procedures related to accounts payable and receivable.
- Facility Rentals
- Manage Celebration Hall and Learning Lab rentals. This includes following established procedures for responding to inquiries, scheduling events, communicating rules and regulations, completing customer contracts, collecting fees, securing event coverage, and managing setups.
- Visitor Services
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date procedures for managing the Front Desk and Nikee Museum Store.
- Oversee front-of-house operations during shifts and provide a high level of customer service to all visitors and customers. This includes making sales of merchandise, admissions, and memberships and providing accurate information.
- Supervise volunteer Front Desk Attendants, as needed.
- Proactively maintain and improve the appearance of the Nikee Museum Store and lobby.
- Other Duties
- Work with outside vendors, schedule appointments as directed, and assist with repair/maintenance agreements. Manage and schedule a variety of monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections and maintenance agreements.
- Coordinate regular tracking and purchasing of inventory for the Nikee Museum Store.
- Conduct and manage end-of-year merchandise inventory.
- Receive and distribute incoming volunteer applications. Follow procedures to track volunteer hours in the database.
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. For more information about the Museum, visit our website at blackiowa.org. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org